Mount Pleasant Elementary School
About Mount Pleasant Elementary School
Virtual Open House on January 20th from 6:00 to 7:00 pm; for additional information please visit the school website.
Mount Pleasant Elementary School offers K4 to Grade 6.
Mount Pleasant Elementary is a school that strives to develop a passion for learning, a strong sense of community, a focus on wellness. Mount Pleasant provides an environment that values:
- RESPECT for self, each other, our diversity and our environment
- EXCELLENCE by maximizing the potential of each individual
- LIFELONG LEARNING
- RESPONSIBLE CITIZENSHIP through cooperation and community
- NURTURING through a safe and caring environment
- OPENNESS through honesty, integrity and accountability
We look forward to welcoming you and your child to our school.
The Quebec Education Program (QEP) defines course requirements, content, competencies, progressions of learning and the framework for the Evaluation of student learning.
An Immersion school teaches all core subjects in French from Kindergarten to grade 2. This means that students spend the majority of their week in French. Once the students reach grade 3, English Language Arts is introduced and math is also taught in English until grade 6. This means that, from Grade 3 to Grade 6, students spend approximately half their week learning in English and approximately the other half learning in French.