Children’s World Academy
About Children’s World Academy
For additional information please visit the school website.
Children’s World Academy offers Kindergarten (K5) to Grade 6.
Children’s World Academy, as an International Baccalaureate school, is a multi-cultural community – a microcosm of the world. The educational goals and objectives as described in the Educational Project reflect both the school’s values and its international-minded nature.
These aims are:
- Nurture intellectual curiosity and actively involve students in the discovery and acquisition of knowledge.
- Develop good work habits and positive attitudes which are essential skills for life-long learning.
- Enable students to observe and establish links between academic subjects and the world around them.
- Develop respect for the plurality of cultures and religious beliefs within the school and elsewhere.
- Build a sense of commitment to the school community, to the broader community, and to society.
- Develop a spirit of international understanding, cooperation, and tolerance by enabling the students to recognize the interdependence of human beings in a global perspective.
The Quebec Education Program (QEP) defines course requirements, content, competencies, progressions of learning and the framework for the Evaluation of student learning.
An Immersion school teaches all core subjects in French from Kindergarten to grade 2. This means that students spend the majority of their week in French. Once the students reach grade 3, English Language Arts is introduced and math is also taught in English until grade 6. This means that, from Grade 3 to Grade 6, students spend approximately half their week learning in English and approximately the other half learning in French.
The International Baccalaureate programme encourages students to become caring, active participants in their lifelong journey of learning. The programme empowers students to inquire into a wide range of issues and ideas of significance locally, nationally and globally.
The IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) offers an inquiry-based, student-centered, transdisciplinary, curriculum framework that builds conceptual understanding..